Artichokes are just coming into season here. They’ll be a quarter of the price in a couple of weeks but I just couldn’t wait 🙂 If you’d like to know how to prepare an artichoke, look here.
320 grams fusilli (spirals)
3 whole globe artichokes — prepared and thinly sliced
1 small onion — Finely chopped
1 clove garlic — chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
200 grams Passata
100 milliliters dry white wine
a sprig of parsley
When you’ve prepared the artichokes, soak then in cold water, to which you’ve added the juice of the lemon, for a few minutes.
- Fry the onion and garlic together until they start to colour
- Add the drained artichokes, season with salt and cook for about 10
- Add the wine and let it reduce a little
- Add the tomatoes and cook over a low heat for another 20 minutes
- 5 minutes before the end, add the parsley
- Mix with the cooked fusilli and serve