I bought a couple of trout yesterday so this is today’s way of eating it :-) It turned out very well considering I used a very cheap frying pan. Be careful not to overcook it.
- 250 grams trout fillet (about 4)
- 1 slice onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley — chopped
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 20 grams butter
- Fry the trout fillets gently in a pan along with the slice of onion for about 6-7 minutes.
- Discard the onion and separate the fillets into flakes. Be careful to avoid as many bones as possible.
- Mix together the eggs, a pinch of salt, the chopped parsley, the milk and the trout.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat and then add the mixture
- Cook over a low heat until you can see the eggs are almost set
- Turn the frittata (with the aid of a plate) and cook for another couple of minutes
If you are wondering why the frittata in the picture looks a bit thin, it was a 2 egg version.