I struggled to find an English translation of polpette. I don’t think ‘burger’ or, even worse ‘rissole’, quite do it justice. In the end I left it in Italian. I’m sure you’ll get the idea 🙂
- Moisten the breadcrumbs with a little milk
- Fry the onion in some oil for a few minutes.
- To make the polpette, mix together the veal, bread crumbs, onions, eggs and a little Grana. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into ‘burger’ shapes
- Dust with flour and fry in olive oil (or a mix of oil and butter) turning them a couple of times
- When they are cooked, lower the heat, place a slice of Gorgonzola on each polpetta and cover the pan
- Allow the Gorgonzola to melt and then serve