- 280g risotto rice – pref Vialone nano
- 4 young artichokes — Prepared and sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 salted anchovies, soaked and filleted
- 30g pecorino (pref Sicilian peppered), grated
- a lemon
- Soak the artichokes in water to which you’ve added the juice of the lemon
- Fry the onions and garlic in a little olive oil for a few minutes until
they begin to soften
- Add the anchovies and the drained artichokes and cook for a further couple
- Add the rice and cook until it starts to turn transparent.
- Proceed in the usual way for risotto but using boiling water instead of
stock. You will need just over a litre of water.
- When the rice is cooked, remove from the heat and add the cheese.
- Let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving.