This is a lighter alternative to ragu bolognese, ragu bianco. It doesn’t include any tomatoes. Serves 6
- 500 grams fusilli
- 400 grams minced beef
- 3 medium carrots — finely chopped
- 2 medium onions — finely chopped
- 1 stick celery — finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram — chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 glass white wine
- olive oil
- meat stock
- salt and pepper
- Fry the celery, onions and carrots until softened.
- Add the wine and let it reduce to almost nothing
- Add the meat and enough stock to cover
- Cook uncovered, slowly, for at least an hour, adding more stock from time
to time when it starts to dry out.
- Serve with the cooked fusilli and parmesan cheese.