This is another dish from the north. I think the last time I cooked it was more than ten years ago when my brother came to visit. Radicchio is a little bitter, but the harsh flavours mellow into a great, creamy risotto.
- 160 grams radicchio di treviso
- 320 grams risotto rice – pref Vialone Nano
- olive oil
- 30 grams onion – about 1/2 a small one — finely chopped
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- knob of butter
- 50 grams parmesan cheese — grated
- Wash the radicchio and cut into 1cm strips
- Fry the onion in plenty of olive oil for a few minutes
- Add the radicchio and fry until it has wilted
- Add the rice and continue to cook the risotto using the standard method.
- Remove from the heat, add the butter and cheese, and serve