1 kilogram mussels — thoroughly cleaned
100 grams bread crumbs
2 sprigs parsley — finely chopped
1 chilli — finely chopped
1 clove garlic — finely chopped
zest of a lemon — finely chopped
- Open the mussels by putting them in pan with a little olive oil and heating for around 5 minutes
- Remove the top shell from each mussel and arrange them in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, parsley, chilli, garlic and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Add a little olive oil and mix again. Keep adding olive oil in the way until the mixture has a ‘crumble’ like consistency
- Top each half shell with a little of the mixture.
- Bake for around 15 minutes at 200 C