Calamarate al tonno e olive. If you can’t find calamarata, you can use penne.
- 300 grams calamarata
- 200 grams tuna in oil, drained
- 1 heaped tablespoon capers (preferably salted), soaked in cold water for 10 minutes then drained
- 20 olives (green or black or a mixture of both), stoned and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- zest of half a lemon, grated
- 1/2 glass dry white wine
- Fry the garlic in the oil until it’s golden and crispy. Add the capers and fry for a further 15 seconds. Remove the garlic and capers from the oil using a slotted spoon and put to one side.
- Add the tuna to the pan, season with salt and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook for 4-5 minutes and then add the wine, olives and the lemon zest. Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and mix well. Transfer to a warmed serving dish, sprinkle over the garlic, capers and parsley. Serve immediately.