Carciofi alle acciughe. We are well into artichoke season now and I seem to be eating them three times a week. Not a problem :-)Serves 4
3 salted anchovies (or 6 tinned fillets)
1 clove garlic
- Trim and quarter the artichokes
- Fry the whole, peeled garlic clove in a little olive oil until browned, remove and discard.
- Add the artichokes and about 1cm of water. Cover and steam until the artichokes are tender.
- If using salted anchovies, fillet, soak for 10 minutes in cold water and drain
- Remove the artichoke from the pan and add the anchovies. Reduce the cooking liquid, stirring all the time, until the anchovies have disolved.
- Return the artichokes to the pan, mix well and cook for a few minutes to allow them to take up the sauce.
- Serve as a side dish