Bavette con le fave. Broad beans arrived in my local green grocer this week. It means spring is on the way 🙂 Serves 4
- 300g bavette
- 300g shelled broad beans
- 60g parma ham, cut into strips
- 60g butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- a little stock (home made, unsalted)
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- Soften the onions in a little olive oil. Add the beans and cover with stock.
- Cook over a high heat until the beans are tender – a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the ham, stir and remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta, drain and dress with the butter.
- Add the beans to the pasta and serve topped with parmesan.