Insalata di polpi. From Puglia. This is one of my favourite antipasti.
- 1 large Octopus (at least 500g), cleaned
- Parsley, chopped
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Put the octopus in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and cook over a medium heat until tender – about 25 minutes.
- Allow to partially cool in the cooking liquid.
- Cut into bite size pieces, dress with vinegar and garlic and allow to marinate for at least a couple of hours.
- When you are ready to serve, adjust the seasoning and dress with olive oil and parsley.
- Serve as an antipasto or main course
- Variation: Substitute lemon juice for the vinegar.