Zucchine alla poverella, versione salentina. From Salento, Puglia.
- 1 kilogram courgettes, washed and cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole
- olive oil
- parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle the courgettes with salt and drain in a colander for a while to remove some of their liquid.
- Fry the cloves of garlic in plenty of olive oil until golden. Remove the garlic and discard.
- Add the courgettes to the pan and fry until done. Note: Shake the pan rather than stirring to avoid the courgettes becoming mushy.
- Adjust the salt, sprinkle with parsley and serve as an antipasto or a side dish (it is also good cold)