Farfalle alla pancetta. Serves 4.
- 360 g farfalle
- 100 g smoked pancetta, diced
- 250 g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 fresh chilli (or dried), seeded and chopped
- 200 ml double cream
- 25 g parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Add the pancetta and chilli and cook until the pancetta is lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, season with salt and cook over a low heat for around 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to minimum and stir in the cream. Cook very gently until the sauce starts to thicken – about 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta, drain and add to the sauce. Cook for 30 seconds or so, stirring all the time, to allow the pasta to take up the sauce.
- Serve topped with the parmesan.