Tagliatelle nere con gamberi. From Campania. You can get black tagliatelle in larger supermarkets or good delis. I made my own. Just add a sachet of cuttlefish ink to the basic pasta recipe.
- 350g black tagliatelle (dried)
- 450g chopped tomatoes or tomato pulp
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 400g prawns, shelled weight
- a handful of rocket, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Fry the garlic cloves in the oil until lightly browned. Remove the garlic and discard.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook over a high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook until the prawns are done. Not too long as you don’t want them to shrivel.
- Stir in the rocket and serve with the cooked pasta.