Orata ai ferri. I’ve decided to make better use of my local fish market seeing as it’s just five minutes walk away from my flat. I’d forgotten that Monday is a bad day to go, as the day boats don’t go out on a Sunday. As a result, all that was available was either farmed or frozen. I made the best of it however and bought a couple of very fresh bream. So fresh in fact that they were still in rigor mortis.
Update: I’ve just realised that I cooked this recipe about a year ago and it’s already on the blog. D’oh! Oh well, it proves I like it I suppose🙂
- 1 medium sea bream per person – cleaned and scaled
- Plenty of chopped parsley (pref. flat leaf)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fine dry breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- Make a marinade by mixing together roughly equal amounts of lemon juice and olive oil. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the fish making sure that some gets into the cavity. Leave to marinate for a few hours in the fridge.
- Drain the fish well, reserving the marinade. sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Cook under a medium grill for around 15 minutes (depending on the size of the fish). Turn two or three times during cooking. Baste with the marinade every so often.
- Serve immediately.