Spaghetti zucchine e gamberetti. I cooked this to use up the leftover prawns from yesterday’s trip to the fish market. Serves 4.
- 320g spaghetti
- 300g medium prawns, legs and antenae removed.
- 1tbsp capers – soaked for a few minutes and drained.
- 3 small or 1 large courgette -sliced thinly into rounds or quartered lengthways and sliced into quadrants if large.
- 1/2 onion sliced
- Tomato sauce or passata
- A pinch of dried thyme
- Olive oil
- Fry the onion gently in the oil until it starts to soften.
- Add the tomato sauce, the capers and the thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the courgettes gently in olive oil until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the prawns to the tomato sauce and cook for a further few minutes until the prawns are cooked.
- At the last minute add the courgetttes to the sauce.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Dress the pasta with the sauce and serve.