Red pepper and aubergine carbonara ingredients
- 320g gnocchetti di sardi
- 1 medium red pepper, cut anto small dice
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into small dice
- 1 stick celery, cut into small dice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 whole small chilli
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 60ml olive oil
- 80g parmesan cheese, grated
- Fry the pepper, aubergine, celery, garlic cloves marjoram and chilli in half the olive oil for about 15 minute.
- Remove from the heat and discard the garlic and chilli. Keep warm
- Beat together the eggs, cheese and the rest of the oil.
- Cook the pasta until al dente
- Add the drained pasta to the vegetables and mix well
- Finally, add the egg mixture and stir thoroughly.
Red pepper and aubergine carbonara
Melanzane arrostite. From Puglia.
- 600g aubergines, cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle the aubergine with salt and drain in a colander for around an hour. Rinse and dry with kitchen towels.
- Grill the slices, prefferably on a barbecue.
- Arrange the aubergines in layers in a dish. Season each layer with garlic, mint, parsley, pepper, a good drizzle of oil and a few splashes of vinegar.
- Leave to rest for a few hours.
- Drizzle with a little more oil when you are ready to serve.
Orecchiette with augergine ingredients
- 400 grams orecchiette — preferably fresh
- 2 medium aubergines — cut into cubes (leave the skin on)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- a large handful of basil — torn into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic — whole
- Heat the oil in a saucepan with the clove of garlic.
- When the garlic starts to colour, add the aubergines.
- Add the basil and season with salt.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes
- Discard the garlic.
- Serve with the cooked orecchiette
Orecchiette with augergine finished dish