This is a great way to cook mushrooms. I used a mixture of cardoncelli and pioppini but it would go well with any kind. Serve it as a side dish with anything you fancy. It would go great with game.
- 480 g mushrooms — cleaned and halved
- 60 g bread crumbs
- 40 g pecorino Romano — grated
- 4 cloves garlic — chopped
- 200 g tomato — chopped
- 40 ml olive oil
- 4 sprigs parsley — chopped
- Mix together the bread crumbs, pecorino, parsley, garlic and oil. Season
- Mix with your hands until it comes together.
- Put the mushrooms and tomatoes into an oven proof dish and top with the bread crumb mixture
- Bake at 180 °C for about half an hour.
Baked mushrooms finished dish
This would work with just about any type of mushroom. As pioppini are quite small, I left them whole. Larger mushroom would probably be better sliced. Serves 4
malfadine with pioppini ingredients
- 320 grams mafaldine
- 200 grams pioppini
- 1/2 onion — chopped
- 1 clove garlic — chopped
- 1 sprig parsley — chopped
- 4 tablespoons Grana — grated
- olive oil
- Fry, in plenty of olive oil, the onion, garlic, mushrooms and parsley.
- Season with salt and cook gently until the mushrooms start to release their juice.
- Mix with the cooked mafaldine and Grana and serve.
mafaldine with pioppini finished dish