Linguine al ragu di seppia. Serves 6
- 6 medium cuttlefish, cleaned, whole
- 100g onion,sliced
- olive oil
- parsley, chopped
- 1kg chopped tomato (fresh or tinned)
- 600g linguine
- 100g pecorino pugliese, grated
- Fry the onions in plenty of olive oil for a few minutes. Add the cuttlefish and fry on all sides.
- Add the tomatoes and cook over a low heat for around 3/4 hour.
- When the cuttlefish are tender, remove from the sauce and keep warm.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper. It probably wont need much salt as the cuttlefish can be quite salty.
- Dress the cooked pasta with the sauce. Serve sprinkled with the pecorino and parsley. Top each portion with one of the cuttlefish.
Note: If the cuttlefish are quite large, you may prefer to serve them as the second course.