Tonno alla Genovese. From Genova. Serves 6.
- 600g Fresh tuna, cut into 6 steaks
- 2 salted anchovies, soaked and filleted
- 30g dried porcini mushroom, soaked in warm water for half an hour and drained. Reserve the liquid.
- Olive oil
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Plain flour
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and parsley. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the anchovie fillets and allow them to dissolve.
- Add the wine, the mushroom liquid and a table spoon of flour. Allow to cook for 6 or 7 minutes.
- Add the tuna, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook over a low heat for around an hour.