Spaghetti aglio olio e peperoncino. Another simple dish that is popular all over Italy. Serves 4.
- 320 grams spaghetti
- Garlic to taste — peeled and left whole
- 1 fresh red chilli — whole
- Olive oil
- Heat plenty of oil in a pan and fry the garlic cloves and chilli until the garlic has browned.
- Remove the garlic and chilli. Discard.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente, drain and dress with the flavoured oil.
- Add chopped parsley before serving.
- Use dried chillis
- For a much stronger flavour, chop the garlic and chilli and don’t remove from the oil.