Melanzane arrostite. From Puglia.
- 600g aubergines, cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle the aubergine with salt and drain in a colander for around an hour. Rinse and dry with kitchen towels.
- Grill the slices, prefferably on a barbecue.
- Arrange the aubergines in layers in a dish. Season each layer with garlic, mint, parsley, pepper, a good drizzle of oil and a few splashes of vinegar.
- Leave to rest for a few hours.
- Drizzle with a little more oil when you are ready to serve.